Calvary Baptist Church/PCA
Position: IT Director
Responsible for the overall planning, organizing and execution of all IT functions for the church and school that helps us effectively achieve ministry vision and goals. This includes directing all IT operations to meet internal customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
- Reports to Church/School Business Manager.
- Supervises I.T. staff and determines departmental staffing needs for systems support and help desk functions.
- Working with church staff, school staff and teachers, board members, volunteers, and others to find solutions to manage organization activities
- Analyzes ministry needs presented by the user community and recommends technical solutions both current as well as future needs.
- Coordinate training of staff to enable effective use of all technology and software that the ministry utilizes such as One Note, Rediker, and others.
- Work to ensure that all networks, software, and hardware have adequate back-up and disaster recovery procedures and protocols in place. Protect the ministry against IT risks, including unauthorized access to information, data integrity problems, loss of processing capability, privacy, and meeting all necessary compliancy requirements
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing networks, platforms, hardware, software applications by creating, maintaining and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Prepare annual financial budgets for IT area, future budget planning, and developing proposals for all capital projects.
- Identifying new technology that will help the school: teachers deliver curriculum most effectively, students prepare for next level of education, and maximize school resources
- Identifying new technology that will help the church: ministry staff and leaders to minister to congregation most effectively and maximize church resources
- Participates on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts. Is the lead staff for all computer/IT related purchasing activities.
- Is the main liaison between users, operations and IT personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications, or trouble shooting.
- Responsible for over 100 school staff laptop devices, 40 classrooms with smartboard units, desktop computers located throughout the classrooms, computer labs and church/school offices, church auditorium computers and media.
- Responsible for campus wide VOIP phone system and all interfaces with IT systems and structures; over 100 handsets and extensions.
- Stays abreast of the IT industry by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Information Systems or Computer Science required
- Desire 5 years’ minimum IT experience and prefer some of that at manager level
- Previous work in a non-profit or church environment desired
- Experience using Microsoft servers, Microsoft One note, Rediker school software systems a plus
- Must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ.
- This position is a full-time position and is Monday-Friday 8 am – 4 pm, with occasional Sunday duties if needed.
- Key attributes and Characteristics: works well as part of a team and individually, has a servant-leadership approach to their work, strong interpersonal skills, collaborative workstyle and customer service attitude, good attention to detail and ability to multitask with interruptions.
- Confidentiality – This position regularly handles confidential information. It is expected to keep this confidential at all times.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to changing events and circumstances.
- Exercises good judgment in organizing and prioritizing work assignments while managing multiple, simultaneous activities.
- Prefer the person to become a member of Calvary Baptist Church, but if they are already involved at another church, this is not a requirement.
- Position provides benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances as well as vacation/time off and tuition discount for PCA. Benefits are effective first day of full time employment.
Interested? Please use our contact form to get in touch with our Business Manager Brad Hovermale