We want to see people discover God in real and new ways as well as connect with people who will journey with you. We hope you will connect with the Word of God and the people of God through opportunities at Calvary.
Disciple U is about “you” and “us together.” It is the encompassing umbrella of our teaching ministries whose goal is to transform us into a Christ-likeness that thinks and acts biblically as stewards of the life He has entrusted to us. Disciple U will help us take ownership of our own spiritual growth: equipping ourselves to be disciples, engaging one another in growth, entering into opportunities to be His witnesses in our communities. Disciple U will develop a biblical framework for life, build a theological foundation, advance in spiritual formation, grow relational skills, and strengthen a stewardship mindset.
Our teaching ministry builds in each of these areas as we live out biblical truth together.
Disciple U will equip you with…
- Biblical Framework: applying the wisdom gained through books, themes, principles and people of Scripture in living out a biblical worldview.
- Theological Foundation: building a doctrinal grid to be able to discern truth from error.
- Spiritual Formation: understanding the role of identity, Holy Spirit, the Word, and community in the pursuit of Christlikeness and a Great Commission lifestyle.
- Relational Skills: unpacking how love is lived out in relationship to those around us and how we share Christ with those who do not know Him.
- Stewardship Mindset: living out our time, gifting, talents, abilities, and resources as entrustments from God to be used in service to Him and those around us.
DISCIPLE U OFFERINGS:
SUNDAYS at 9:30 a.m. (Meet & Greet at 9:15 a.m.)
- Becomers (ongoing class): Isaiah, Part 2 (Isaiah 60–66), Room 302. Teacher: Mike Moyer.
- Bereans (ongoing class): 1 and 2 Thessalonians, Room 101. Teachers: Various people.
- Cornerstone (ongoing class): Daniel, Room 303. Teachers: Rod and Leanne Windle.
- CORE (ongoing class): Moses, Room 208 (Band Room). Teacher: Paul Trulock.
- Genesis In-depth, Part 2 (Genesis 31–50) (elective class), Art Portable. Teacher: Tom Weedon.
TUESDAYS at 9:15 a.m., 6:30 p.m., and 6:45 p.m
- Disciple U–Women: 9:15 a.m.
- 2 Timothy, Room 303. Leader: Leanne Windle.
- 1 Corinthians, Room 401. Leaders: Chelsea Ford, Heidi Fulk.
- Disciple U–Women: 6:45 p.m.
- 1 Peter, Room 401. Leader: Laura Malcolm.
- Disciple U Men & Women: 6:30 p.m.
- Principles of Biblical Interpretation, Room 302. Leader: Tom Weedon.
WEDNESDAYS at 6:30 p.m.
- Bible Study and Prayer, Room 208. Leader: Dave Riddle.
- Mom2Mom: Armor of God. Room 401. Leaders: Sarah Bomgarrs, Donna Shinn.
- HeartCry: A Support Group for Mothers of Rebellious Teens/Young Adults, Room 203. Leader: Jackie Sanders (twice a month, starting September 13 at 7:00 p.m.).