A Good Place to Begin
01.08.17 Dave Riddle
2 Corinthians 5:16-21 (NIV 84)
A new year is a great time for some personal spiritual assessment!
- 2 Corinthians 5:16
Our Spiritual Identity
- 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Ktisis (κτίσις) “new creation”: act of creating, or a thing created. Rabbis used this word to describe someone who converted from idolatry to Judaism.
- Galatians 2:19-20
- “I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:21
- 2 Corinthians 5:18-19
- Katallasso (καταλλάσσω) “reconciling” – to change or exchange, as with coins for others of equal value. Of persons: to change from enmity to friendship.
Our Missional Identity
- 2 Corinthians 5:20
- We are ambassadors on Christ’s behalf.
- An incredible responsibility.