From Ordinary to Extraordinary
York Moore – 10/22/2017
Key Passage: John 2:1-12
Extraordinary – beyond what is usual, ordinary, regular, or established
Experiencing the extraordinary grows joy-filled amazement in our lives.
- John 2:1-12
Wine in the Bible represents community, joy, celebration, and love.
- Isaiah 25:6
Jesus’ transformation of religious water into wine shows:
- the story of God is ultimately a story of celebration
- The story of God puts joy before religion
- The story of God puts belonging before tradition
- John 2:10
Experiencing the extraordinary points us to our ultimate purpose in life.
- Signs are more than miracles they are symbolic wonders that point to the greater transcendent meaning of life.
- Matthew 18:3
- If you want to become a part of the story of God, first you have to have a childlike faith.
Experiencing the extraordinary draws us into the story of God personally
- John 2:11
Followers of Jesus carry light into darkness.
- Many Christians are like fireflies in the daytime.
We can be transformed from ordinary to extraordinary through knowing and believing Jesus Christ.
- Mark 15:33-34, 39