Life Under God
03.26.17 York Moore
What can we do when we come face to face with an irresistible power?
- Psalm 16:2
- Lord: master, ruler
- LORD (Jehovah/YHWH): particular covenant name for God
- Exodus 34:6
Life under God begins when we choose to find our identity as subjects of the LORD.
- Psalm 16:8
- Shavah (Hebrew: שָׁוָה) – to agree with, be or become like, resemble: transformation through imitation.
Constant celebration is how we maintain a life that is under God.
- Psalm 16:7
- Great is Your Faithfulness
Life under God has no other allegiances
- Psalm 16:4-5
- “LORD, You alone are my portion and cup.”
A life lives under God is the only path to flourishing.
- Psalm 16:10
- Shalom (Hebrew: שָׁלוֹם) – completeness, soundness, welfare, peace.
- Abandoned: left destitute, forgotten, and forsaken
- Decay: to suffer total loss or destruction
- Romans 1:3-4
God is the God of every moment of your life.