Romans 1-4 – Week 2 – Not a Pretty Picture
Dave Riddle – 9/24/2017
Key Passage: Romans 1:18-32
- Romans 1:18
- orgē (Greek: ὀργή) – anger, wrath, indignation
Disregard for his self-revelation
- Romans 1:19-20
- General Revelation – “…his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen since the creation of the world.”
- “Without excuse”
- Romans 1:21
Creating a false Wisdom
- Romans 1:22
- Claiming to be wise they became fools
Embracing a false worship
- Romans 1:23
- We give our hearts to things other than God.
- Success. family. money. Anything we put before God.
Given over by God…
- paradidōmi (Greek: παραδίδωμι) – to give into the hands (of another)
To an impure heart’s passions
- Romans 1:26, 29
To a distorted mind
- Romans 1:28
- adokimos (Greek: ἀδόκιμος) – not standing the test, not approved. unfit for, unproved, spurious, reprobate
This is bad news… and there’s nothing we can do about it.
- until we can see who we really truly are then we can’t fully appreciate what Jesus did for us by taking the fullness of God’s wrath upon himself.
- Ephesians 1:4-8
- If you have never experienced the grace of God. Today is the day.
- If you have experienced God’s grace allow yourself to take another step towards the life that God is offering you.
- May we be filled with a sense of urgency about sharing the gospel.