Romans 1-4 – Week 3 – Understanding God’s Judgement
Dave Riddle – 10/01/2017
Key Passage: Romans 2:1-16
- Romans 2:1-2
- We underestimate God’s standard of perfection.
- We underestimate the depth of our own sinfulness.
Rooted in the truth
- Romans 2:2
- Romans 2:3-4
- “Do you really think…”
- logizomai (Greek: λογίζομαι) – to take into account, to make an account of…
An outcome of unrepentant
- Romans 2:5
- Hardened heart
- sklērotēs (Greek: σκληρότης) – hardness, obstinacy, stubbornness
Compensation for everyday actions
- Romans 2:6-10
- Judgement is based on works. Salvation is not.
- The criterion for salvation is faith alone. The manifestation of that salvation is a changed life.
- Ephesians 2:8-10
Perfectly objective and impartial
- Romans 2:11
- There is no favoritism with God.
- Romans 2:16
- 2 Corinthians 5:10
- Hebrews 9:27
- Revelation 22:12
1 Kings 3:16-28
- What was Solomon looking for?
- Faith without works is dead.