Romans 1-4 – Week 5 – Every Last One of Us
Dave Riddle – 10/15/2017
Key Passage: Romans 3:9-3:20
- Everyone is under the power of sin
- Romans 3:9
- Who we are
- Romans 3:10-12
- See how many times Paul uses “no one” and “all”.
- achreioō (Greek: ἀχρειόω) – Worthless, to render useless, i.e. spoil:—become unprofitable.
- What we say
- Romans 3:13-14
- James 3:8
- Deceit (imperfect tense) = never a time that we aren’t practicing deceit.
- How we live
- Romans 3:15-17
- We don’t know the way of peace.
- “No fear of God…”
- Romans 3:18
- “…every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God.”
- Romans 3:19
- “Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law…”
- Romans 3:20
Only through Jesus
- He made the One who did not know sin to be sin for us, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. – 2 Corinthians 5:21