Romans 1-4 – Week 6 – The Great Question
Reagan Rose – 10/29/2017
Key Passage: Romans 3:21-31
The Great Question
- How does a righteous God justify sinful people?
Righteousness – doing what is right.
Justification – a legal declaration of righteousness.
The Revelation of Righteousness
- Romans 3:21
- The law and the prophets point us to righteousness.
The Equality of Righteousness
- Romans 3:22-23
- All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
The Source of Righteousness
- Romans 3:24-3:25a
- Christ Jesus alone.
- Propitiation – payment, atonement reparation.
The Justice of Righteousness
- Romans 3:25b-26
- All sin is punished. The question is who will pay for it? You or Christ?
The Humility of Righteousness
- Romans 3:27-31
- We’re all saved by faith. Our own righteousness is nothing to boast about.
- Our boasting should only be about what Christ has done for us.