Romans 5-7 Week 4 – A Peculiar Kind of Freedom
Dave Riddle – 2/04/2018
Key passage: Romans 6:11-23
Recognize your identity in Jesus
- Romans 6:11
- logizomai (Greek: λογίζομαι) – to take into account, to make an account of, to reckon…
- Romans 6:12
- First recognize your identity in Christ, then live it out.
Align your lifestyle with the new you
- This is only possible through the power of God.
- Romans 6:14
The question, restated.
- Romans 6:15 – What then? Should we sin because we are not under law but under grace? (HCSB)
The answer repeated
- Romans 6:15 – Absolutely not!
The explanation reiterated
- Who you were:
- Romans 6:16
- doulos (Greek: δοῦλος) – Slaves
- Who you are:
- Roman 6:18
- Slaves to righteousness
- A peculiar kind of freedom
- Romans 6:22
- Free to be His.
- The sum of it all:
- Romans 6:23 the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (HCSB)