Thankful – Week 3 – A Grateful Witness
Dave Riddle – 11/26/2017
Key Passages: Luke 24:37-49, Acts 1:8
martys (Greek: μάρτυς) – a legal witness; a historical witness, i.e. one who was a spectator of something. Ethically, those whose faith in Christ has been proven genuine by experiencing a violent death.
- Who He really is!
- If we don’t know who Jesus really is the we don’t really have anything worth sharing.
- Luke 9:20
- “You are the Messiah sent from God”
- Jesus came to sacrifice His life so that we might have life in Him.
- What he has done.
- Apologetics are important, but it’s more important to understand what Jesus has done and is doing in your life.
- John 9:25
- “I was blind, but now I see”
- He invites us!
- Matthew 11:18
- People first have to recognize that there is a need.
- Bringing people to the place of recognizing their need for Jesus is a work of the Holy Spirit.
- Not our responsibility.
- He has already won!
- 1 Corinthians 15:54-56
- Romans 8:37
- Eternity is something to look forward to, but never forget that we already live in victory today!